AN UPTURNED AND SHAKING SHIP - BALANCE, Sue Aygarn-Kowalski, 2008, copper, sterling, steel.
This piece was exhibited in a collection of pieces of art inspired by Johann Jacob Scheuchzer’s (astonishing) Physica Sacra. Metalsmith Aygarn-Kowalski’s work tends toward heaviness balanced by strange light. This piece feels perfect to me, and also peculiar. An upended kayak (or pod, or…something, fine), an amputated tentacle, or a limb rising up to snag a traveler. First day of a New Year as I post this, and balance is for me, always this kind of thing, precise, but unlikely.
Weight one side of your scales with pearls, the other with iron.
- save-me-berry reblogged this from mariadahvanaheadley
- save-me-berry likes this
- cornifer reblogged this from jewelryandmetalwork
- herp-derpherpderpian reblogged this from grandmarie
- herp-derpherpderpian likes this
- grandmarie reblogged this from mariadahvanaheadley and added:
- jenniferdurham likes this
- memoryepsilon likes this
- walklikeaghost likes this
- a-scandal-in-bohemia likes this
- michaelblomster reblogged this from mariadahvanaheadley
- ikeyame likes this
- eyepool reblogged this from mariadahvanaheadley
- mariadahvanaheadley posted this